How does Accommodation Choices business work?
We are a property management company similar to a Real Estate Agency. The LEASING process is the same and requires the following:-
- Rental application and all supporting documents to be submitted by email (only). Application form is found on our website.
- Application is processed promptly within 24 hours.
- Once approved a holding deposit of one week's rent is required to confirm your acceptance to proceed
- The lease documents are prepared and emailed to you for signing and return by email
- Bond of 4 weeks rent is processed online
- The second weeks rent is payable before commencement.
- Rent is required tobe 2 weeks in advance at all times.
- There is ZERO tolerance to rental arrears.
- Routine inspections are conducted a minimum of twice per year
What's the minimum and maximum length of stay? Monthly stay or a Lease?
Many of our properties are available for weekly stays through to 3 month leases or longer.
- Our shorter stay tariffs are fully inclusive with electricity, water, and garden maintenance included. These are higher rates however a simple application only is required and a one week bond.
- The 3 month or longer leases generally do not include electricity water and garden maintenance. A full application form is required with supporting documents. Please see the Lease application page of our website. These rates are more economical. A four (4) week bond is required which is lodged directly with Bonds Online.
- An additional package can be tailor made to include any utilities and or cleaning/linen service to suit your needs.
Please refer to the Rates Page of our website for up to date rates. There are various options dependant on the duration of your stay, type of property and whether it is furnished or unfurnished.
The Rates table shows the following options:-
- Rates for 1 month or longer with the fully inclusive rent per week and the bond being 1 week's rent.
- Rates for 2 months or longer with the fully inclusive rent per week and bond being 1 week's rent.
- Rates for 3 months or longer on a residential lease arrangement with rent per week (excluding electricity & gas, water & garden maintenance). The bond is 4 weeks rent.
- Rates for 12 months or longer on a residential lease arrangement with rent per week (excluding electricity & gas, water & garden maintenance). The bond is 4 weeks rent.
- Tailor made options are available upon request.
Are utilities included:
- Electricity and gas are the tenant's responsibility under the Lease agreement
- Water is the tenant's responsibility and is invoiced to you quarterley. Payment is required within 30 days of the invoice.
- Water is included in the lease rate for the following properties - Goode St, Young St, Gipps St units
- Garden and lawn maintenance is the tenant's own responsibility except for the following properties:- Goode St, Young St, Gipps St units, Macleay St Villas
Is there onsite management?
No - we have a central booking office. However we are available by phone during business hours or email at all times.
How is entry accessed to the property?
Keys are left at the property for your arrival with full instructions in your personal confirmation for both shorter stays and leases. You are completely flexible to arrive and leave at your convenience. For shorter stays keys are generally left inside on the table upon your departure. Once the property is fully secured (windows and doors), all electrical items turned off (except the refrigerator), all personal property is retrieved, you just lock yourself out the front door.
Is a bond charged?
Short term bookings require a one week bond. Leases are governed by the Residential Tenancy Agreement which requires 4 weeks rent as bond which is lodged online. Bonds are fully refundable at the end of your stay or lease subject to adherence to the short term booking terms and conditions or residential tenancy agreement. Short Term Bonds are refunded to your bank account whereas a bond relating to a lease is refunded from Bondsonline directly into your bank account..
Are the properties serviced?
Servicing is not included but can be arranged on a regular or irregular basis. A linen change can also be arranged. Corporate bookings often have a weekly service arranged and a linen change whenever their guests change.
We have designated pet friendly properties where your best friend is welcome. They must be approved and become part of the Residential Tenancy Agreement with the pet condition clause a conditional component of your lease.